Pasta time! Easily one of our favorite meals, pasta dishes can be an all day process or a quick meal ready in fifteen minutes. Here, we present a quick meal... surprise! This pasta dish can be enjoyed alone or paired with a simple salad. A few quality ingredients and you will have a filling meal in no time.
We like a ton of basil in our pasta but it can be replaced with parsley if you prefer that herb better. This dish is very versatile, so feel free to make it your own. Enjoy!
1 pound of fresh spaghetti
1/2 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes(more or less depending on your spice preference)
4 tablespoons basil, chopped
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 lemon, quartered
1. Cook the pasta in salty water one minute under the package instructions(almost aldenté); drain and reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
2. In the meantime, heat the olive oil on medium heat in a large pan. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, salt and sautéed for five minutes.
3. Add the pasta water to the pan of garlic oil and toss in the pasta ensuring all the pasta is covered with the sauce. Simmer just until the pasta is heated through. Remove from heat.
4. Toss the pasta in the basil and cheese. Divide into four bowls and serve with a quarter of lemon and squeeze on top if desired.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy!