Blueberry muffins are a staple grab and go item that I love to have on hand for busy weekday mornings. It makes breakfast effortless and enjoyable for everyone! Due to the amount of requests we received for this recipe via Instagram and Facebook, we are sure that you all must love blueberry muffins as well. These are especially wonderful because they are practically guilt free- made without oil or sugar! Enjoy!
1 1/2 c flour
1 c rolled oats (pulsed in food processor to a meal consistency)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon Dash
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 c honey
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
2 ripened mashed bananas (light chunks are ok)
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs (beat)
12 oz blueberries ( if using frozen toss blueberries with 1/2 tbsp flour)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Lightly oil a muffin tin (canola and/or butter) or use tin liners.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Mix together honey, eggs, applesauce, vanilla and mashed bananas in a separate bowl
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin tin cups approx. 3/4 or a bit more. Bake for 20-25 mins or until toothpick comes out clean and muffins are light golden brown. Enjoy!