Snowpocalypse is ever present here in Philly! We got a whopping 12 inches so far and the snow is still coming down. Shelly decided to crash at Marsharelle's house during the storm because, well food... If you had a foodie friend that lived around the corner you would crash their home too. Ha! Our first meal was this amazing fresh linguine dish. By the way, are you still using boxed pasta? If so, do yourself a favor and try fresh pasta. It is literally life changing as we promise you will never use boxed pasta again. It's only a couple more dollars but turns your standard pasta dish into a gourmet meal. Now that we have that out of the way, this dish aligned with our mission of quick meals. It takes about 20 minutes to complete this dish and it is so flavorful. They two stars in this dish are the pasta(obviously) and the Tuscan-style Italian sausage. We purchased the sausage from Wegman's without knowing how amazing it was. If you live near a Wegman's grocery store, get this sausage. If not, Whole Foods has a fresh Tuscan style sausage, but you will need to add red pepper flakes to this dish to give you the same spicy bite.
Tuscan Sausage Linguine with Veggies
2 tsp, olive oil
3 Tuscan style Italian sausages, casings removed
1 large onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 roma tomatoes, quarted and roasted(season with salt, pepper, and olive oil and roast on 425 for 20 minutes)
3 packed cups of fresh spinach
1 cup of cremini mushrooms, chopped
1 pack of fresh linguine pasta, reserve 1 cup of pasta water
- Brown the sausage on medium heat being sure to break apart the sausage as it cooks. Remove from the pan.
- Add olive oil to the same pan and sauteed the onions for about 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, spinach, and mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes. While the veggies are cooking, boil salted water(refer to package for water measurement) on high and add the linguine.
- Cook the linguine according to the package instructions(no more than 3-4 minutes).
- Take a cup of the pasta water and add it to the veggies.
- Add the linguine to the veggies and pasta and add another 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss until all ingredients are incorporated. Enjoy!