This recipe is a great weeknight option. Make a big pot and enjoy it for days to come. Its great with crunchy garlic bread, cornbread, or veggie quesadillas(we made these on the last day to spice it up a bit). It's also packed with veggies which is always a win!
Veggie Gnocchi Soup
1 med yellow onion diced 3-4 cloves garlic minced 4 stalks celery chopped 3-4 carrots chopped 4-6 leaves of kale rough chopped 1 pkg fresh gnocchi 4 cups veggie broth 2 cups water 1 32 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained Salt and pepper 1 tbls Italian seasoning 1 tsp cumin 1/2 tsp turmeric 1 tsp garlic 1 tsp onion A dash of red pepper flake (optional) 2 tbls olive oil
- Heat olive oil in deep pot. Add carrots, celery, onion and garlic. Sauté until fragrant and slightly softened.
- Add veggie broth, water, tomatoes and seasonings. Stir. Cover and simmer on medium about 7-10 minutes.
- Add kale. Continue to simmer about another ten minutes. Taste a kale leaf to make sure it's tenderizing. If it's on the right track, add the cannellini beans. Taste the broth. Continue to simmer.
- Add a bit more seasoning if needed.
- Once all the veggies are tender to your liking, add the gnocchi. Simmer about another 4 minutes or so until the gnocchi is cooked- do not over cook the gnocchi! (Follow the packaging instructions for guidance).
- Taste your soup. If it's tasty, you're done! If you find it "lacking", add a little more seasoning, soup is something that should be personalized. Ladle up and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan for a cheesy garnish. Enjoy!