Shelly's two girls, Annie and Toni, went to a daddy-daughter dance this past weekend. This meal was her way of creating a kid-friendly special meal before they left to indulge in cookies, cupcakes, and brownies. It's all about balance right? This recipe is a great go-to meal when you want a healthy but flavorful, filling meal. The roasted broccoli is so lemony and garlicky and so satisfying. By roasting the broccoli with the lemon snd garlic, it makes a yummy sheet pan sauce that is so good over the salmon. The salmon is very simply seasoned so having that sauce is key. We hope you enjoy this fast yet flavorful meal!
Pan-Seared Salmon with Garlic Lemon Roasted Broccoli and Honey Mashed Sweet Potatoes
1 lb sockeye salmon
Salt and pepper
2 large sweet potatoes, roasted with skin on
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons honey
Dash of nutmeg
1/4 cup applesauce
1 pound broccoli, trees separated from stalks
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 lemon, sliced
1. Slice the salmon into fourths. Season with salt and pepper and let it come to room temperature.
2. Peel the skin off the roasted sweet potatoes(roast whole potatoes on 400 for 40 min). Mash with the cinnamon, honey, nutmeg, and applesauce. Set aside.
3. Season the broccoli with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and lemon slices. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Roast at 425 for fifteen minutes. Keep the pan juice for later.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large frying pan on medium high heat. Add the salmon to the pan and sear for 3 minutes on each side for medium salmon(depending on thickness). Add another 3 or so minutes if you prefer your salmon well done.
5. Add a quarter of the potatoes and broccoli, and one piece of the salmon to each plate. Top the salmon with some of the rendered sauce from the broccoli pan. Enjoy!