This is such an easy and quick weeknight dinner idea that packs lots of flavor. The creaminess of the shrimp and the smokiness of the paprika make it adult friendly, while the cheese makes it kid friendly. We added zucchini to amp up the veggie offering. Enjoy!
Paprika Shrimp and Zucchini Quesadillas
1 pound of shrimp, peeled, cleaned and chopped in thirds
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon each of oregano, cumin, and chili powder
2 cups of pepper jack cheese( if spice is not your thing, use Monterey Jack cheese instead)
8 flour tortillas
Salt and pepper
Avocado, fresh lime juice, cilantro(optional)
1. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the pan. Add the zucchini, pepper, onion and garlic and cook on medium high heat, about 5 minutes until the veggies are soft and charred. Remove from heat.
2. Add the shrimp in a medium bowl and season with the paprika, add salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Cook the shrimp on medium high heat in the same pan you cooked the veggies in. Cook for two minutes on each side.
4. Add the veggies to the pan of shrimp and add the seasonings. Cook for one minute, tossing as it cooks. Remove from pan.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a grill pan on medium high heat. Add two tortillas and top each with cheese, shrimp and veggie mixture and more cheese. Top each tortilla with another tortilla. Press each tortilla with something heavy enough to press it down(we used the top of our butter container). Grill for three minutes on each side. Remove from pan and cut into fourths.
6. Repeat for the other two quesadillas and enjoy with sliced avocado, fresh lime juice, and cilantro.