Spring time is finally here! As we exchange layers for light clothing, we also need recipes that are quick and refreshing. This recipe for spicy garlic basil shrimp is versatile, tasty, and fast. It's also a great entertaining option as they come across as fancy but takes all of 10 minutes! Shelly paired them with a watermelon tomato salad drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette. You could also increase the amount of wine and olive oil and toss in fresh cooked pasta. Prepare these babies during the week for your family on your next get together with friends.
Spicy Garlic Basil Shrimp
1 pound of extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 shallot, chopped
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup dry white wine
Hearty handful of fresh basil, chopped
1. Heat the olive oil on medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and simmer for 2 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic.
3. Increase the heat to medium high. Add the shallots and red pepper and simmer for one minute.
4. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Add the wine and basil and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Remove from the pan and enjoy!