You ever just want a finger food that is not only tasty but satisfying? One that you can feel okay about eating for dinner? We've got that recipe! These stacks take about 20 minutes to make and paired with a simple fruit salad are more than enough for a dinner option. Each stack has a sautéed chipotle-rubbed shrimp and guacamole sitting on a sweet potato chip. You could also serve these as an appetizer at your next dinner party or potluck. Either way you're winning!
1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Chipotle powder, salt, and pepper - all to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Season the shrimp to your taste.
2. Heat the olive oil on medium high heat.
3. Cook the shrimp for 3 minutes on each side until just cooked all the way through and has a nice brown crust. Don't over cook the shrimp.
4. Set aside on a plate on the stove(not on the burner) to keep them warm.
While the shrimp are cooking...
Sweet Potato Chips
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
2 cups of corn oil
Salt, to taste
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan until it comes to 325 degrees.
2. Add the sweet potato rounds to the pan without crowding the pan.
3. Fry until they are golden brown, bubbly, and crispy, about 5 minutes.
4. Remove them and place on a paper towel and immediately season with salt.
5. Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
2 ripe avocados, roughly chopped
1/2 small red onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 jalepeno pepper, minced
Juice of one lime
Salt, pepper, and cumin - all to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl while smashing the avocado.
2. Get ready to stack!
Top each sweet potato round with the guacamole and a chipotle shrimp. Garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy!